Can you believe 2012 is half over already?! The past six months, I’ve seen God and His blessings in some very unexpected ways. Counting 1000 Gifts in 2012 – The Joy Dare continues to open my eyes.
Some gifts of joy for the month of June were:
- A gift in conversation – family devotions on the beach.
- A gift ugly beautiful – new grass shoots poking through blackened soil from spring prairie fire.
- A gift empty – empty arms. Though I miss cuddling my young children, I praise God for the wonderful adults they have become.
- A gift unexpected – Rain! Glorious Rain!
- A gift smelled – the scent of my daughter’s perfume as I walked past her room. Yes, Daughter-on-the-other-side-of-of-the-world is home!
- 3 gifts that are difficult – 1. My sis in-law was in a head-on collision. God saved her, but she will have a long, long road to recovery. 2. Surgery for sis in-law was postponed, and she received a very disappointing prognosis. Praising God that things aren’t worse than they are. 3. Being so far away from Hubby’s family. I wish I could be there to visit, encourage, take dinner to the family…yet I can pray across the miles for my dear sis in-law.
Though we may not understand, and the road may be long and difficult; God promises to never leave or forsake us. That alone fills me with JOY!