After a couple beautiful days in the 70s, these cold damp days are not so welcomed. Yet this is what God has blessed us with. Blessed? Yes, blessed. In our dry and thirsty corner of the state, damp is better than hot wind, and although I prayed for rain, wet snow melting-where-it-lands is better than nothing.
Still we are ungrateful and complain. My own complaint is that I’m chilled to the bones. Other grumblings I heard while out and about today were:
- It’s so gloomy out.
- Now I’m going to have to wash the car.
- It’s only enough to make things messy.
- There’s not enough moisture to amount to anything.
- It’s miserable out.
- I had to pick up the kids. They couldn’t walk home in this.
- Ugh! I just wish winter would go away.
Shame on us! We can be such ungrateful spoiled brats.
Father God, Forgive us for our ungratefulness, for our grumbling and complaining. Thank you for the moisture you have blessed us with these past 2 days. I know you are the one true God who has the power to say to the snow, ‘Fall on the earth,’ and to the rain shower, ‘Be a mighty downpour.’