If given a choice, would you choose a rewind button or a pause button for your life? Wouldn’t that be a luxury to be able to rewind and have a do-over, or pause and enjoy the moment a while longer?
Pondering rewind or pause, I initially thought I would choose a pause button because life seems pretty good right now.
- I have some great relationships with friends and family.
- Although my body is aging, I am healthy.
- I have a husband that loves me.
- I have a job that I enjoy.
- I am being challenged in my relationship with God.
On the other hand, a rewind button might be best because there have been times I wished I could back up and try again.
- when hurtful words came out of my mouth
- when I didn’t take the time to be the friend someone needed
- when I was so self-absorbed in my own hurt and disappointment that I didn’t notice how it was affecting those around me
- when I was too busy to read one more book to my pleading child, or pick up the phone just to say “I’m thinking of you and praying for you today.”
- when I tried to do things my way instead of listening to God’s leading
- when I didn’t share the saving grace of Jesus with one who was drowning in sin and darkness
In reality, I know I can neither pause nor rewind my life. However, I CAN learn from my mistakes and be grateful for abundant blessings.
Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. Colossians 3:12-14 NLT
Leave me your comment: Would you choose a rewind or pause button?