For the past month you may have noticed I have been AWOL from blogging. What has kept me away? Oh, you know; just life in general such as work, a new grandbaby (and “BOY” is he grand!),
This week, I have been DEEP cleaning trying to rid my house of the multiple layers of dirt and grime that came from the remodel and the lack of cleaning. From top to bottom and in nooks and crannies, the dust bunnies are doomed! They are being sucked into the sweeper and washed away.
This is also a great time to do some deep cleaning within oneself. Galatians 5 has the To-Do list already made for us.
“When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these.”
Cleaning supplies needed are: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
- Use LOVE to overcome hostility and envy
- Use JOY to get rid of quarreling
- PEACE will clean out jealousy and division
- PATIENCE will sweep up outbursts of anger
- Get rid of selfish ambition and replace with KINDNESS and GOODNESS
- Wash out idolatry and sorcery with FAITHFULNESS
- A good dusting of GENTLENESS will take care of dissensions
- A firm scrub of SELF-CONTROL will get all the grimy stuff from sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, drunkenness, and wild parties
To really deep clean, we must not overlook the corners of our heart and the nooks and crannies of our attitude. Well, what are we waiting for? Let’s get started! Clean; clean; clean!