I have been doing a good bit of reading this week. Sometimes I find myself merely reading words and not taking the time to absorb the message and meaning of the passage. So this week I read with a slow take, intentionally absorbing and comprehending. Let me share some lines that have especially stood out to me.
1. “God gave me emotions so I could experience life, not destroy it.” Lysa TerKeurst
2. According to John R Cross, there are four basic principles of learning:
- Storytelling – start at the beginning and move sequentially.
- Mathematical – to learn a new concept, build from the foundation up; move from the known to unknown.
- Priority – major on the majors, learn the most important points first.
- Clarity – don’t mix your subject matter; stick to one theme at a time.
3. This poster was in a classroom I subbed in this week.
4. The following quote had my good friend at Prairie Rain Designs written all over it. She is so very creative.
An artist is someone who has the ability to see beyond what IS to what CAN be.
5. “We can’t always fix our circumstances, but we can fix our minds on God. We can do that.” Lysa TerKeurst
6. A fallen leaf is nothing more than a summer’s wave goodbye.
7. From the book Unglued: “God doesn’t allow the unglued moments of our lives to happen so we’ll label ourselves and stay stuck. He allows the unglued moments to make us aware of the chiseling that needs to be done.”
8. From God’s Holy Word:
Teach me your ways, O LORD,
that I may live according to your truth!
Grant me purity of heart,
so that I may honor you.
With all my heart I will praise you, O Lord my God.
I will give glory to your name forever,
for your love for me is very great.
Psalm 86:11-13a NLT
This is just a sampling of words I have read and pondered the past few days. What are you reading? Is it time for you to do a slow take, and let the words sink in for deeper meaning and understanding?